rec room creative lol love out loud
doing a little good in the world with the kids, through organized and random acts of kindness.
what is lol?
lol = love out loud (though we aim for loads of fun and laughing out loud too. :)
lol is rec room creative's way of contributing to our local communities and doing a little good in the world. it's embedded into our space and how we operate, it's in our dna. =)
we believe that helping littles grow and develop into empathetic and caring big people is super duper important, and that laying the foundation early on through experiences will encourage engaged and responsible citizenship.
we look forward to having fun and serving with you like minded parents! we truly hope you'll join us as we carry out organized and random acts of kindness with the kiddos here on the peninsula.
in additional to financial contributions, we support the following organizations in the following ways. come on by or send us a message to learn more and/or get involved. :)
non-profits & partners:
turnbull child development center
- please join us as we adopt families over the holidays and fulfill their holiday wish lists. holidays are an amazing time for many, but a grim struggle for many others here in our community.
- please consider donating grown-up and children's books to the school's Free Little Library all year round! you can bring them to rec room creative or drop them off at the school office located at 715 Indian Ave in San Mateo.
- we help throw an annual Turnbull Community Festival every summer. located in San Mateo, Turnbull Child Development Center enrolls 300 students in the district's Mandarin preschool, state-funded and Head Start programs. nearly 70% of the student population come from families that live below the poverty level. the festival has become an important day to build a deeper sense of community and to celebrate diversity and is a super fun volunteer opportunity for the whole family. littles can hand out game prizes, help at the giant bubble station, hand out fresh fruit, administer glitter tattoos and more! this year's theme is Community Heroes, and we'll be equipping parents with resources and education on immigration. contact us to donate, partner and/or get on our family volunteer list =)
down syndrome connection of the bay area (dscba) and life steps foundation (lsf) children and family services
- we share our space with families of dscba so that they can enjoy a fun and safe place to gather, get resourced and develop community.
- we host integration days so that we can love on, support and encourage the families of these amazing organizations, and also gain awareness as a community.
- we're working on and hoping to host inclusive summer camps this year...stayed tuned!
knits for life
- donate change & small bills into our lol box and submit knit ideas and location suggestions! 100% of the donations will go to knits for life, as they yarn bomb our community and brings smiles to many, many faces!
toys for nicaragua
- we like to contribute locally, and while nicaragua isn't exactly in the bay area ;), the amazing woman who created this program is - our dear friend johana who's on staff at turnbull (see above).
- she brings toys, laughter, love and hope to children and schools in the slums and remote villages of nicaragua, and we'll donate all rec room kid party toys to her cause, and also donate 20% from the sales of those purchases. =)